Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tangled iPad cover

This weeks Diva Challenge is to use the new tangle Pea-nuckle. I decided to use it on one of my ready-to-tangle iPad cases! This was so much fun. I used Identipen markers in black, Fabrico marker in 181 cool gray, and Copic markers BG15 and BG10. I decided to fill the entire space with tangles but to work really big. On the first side I did three tangles - Mooka, Pea-nucke, and Tipple. A really nice thing happened at the transition between Mooka and Pea-nuckle - one of those happy accidents!
If you haven't tangled on fabric yet you should give it a try! The way that the pen works with the weave of the fabric adds a texture and richness that's really fun to play with.

 On the fip-side I used to black Identipen marker and gray Fabrico marker. I used several tangles and again filled the entire space.

The ready to tangle and decorate canvas iPad cover is availabe on my website. I make each one individually from canvas with a zippered closure and two inside pockets for your stylus and small accessories. Each is lined with beautiful batik fabric.Click here to order! If you email me a picture of your decorated iPad cover I'll mail you a handmade Pen-holder for your sketch book!

Or - you can order a Pen-holder here!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Feeling Groovy

The Diva challenge this week is to use the tangle pattern "Groovy" created by Eden Hunt. This pattern really brought out my dyslexia and it took some time to learn the pattern. I do like how it can create a woven effect if the wavy lines are touching. For the Zendala I altered the printed string somewhat to make three designs do a kind-of yin-yang thing in the center.I really like how the designs swirl in the center. I used Graphitint pencils in green and purple.

For this square tile I tried to keep it simple and to have the Groovy pattern look woven.

Thursday, May 3, 2012


The newest thing from the folks at Zentangle (r) is round tiles. They come as a set of 18 in a cute tin. Some are prestrung - divided into areas for you to create tangle patterns in - and some are plain. I 've been pondering making one of these tiles for about six weeks!

This is what the tile looked like before - you can see that it's divided into interesting spaces.

I combined my efforts by trying the round tile and doing the Diva challenge.  The Diva challenge was to use only two tangle patterns "Hybred" and "Strircles". Here is the result.

For this tile I used black and blue Pigma pen and shaded with Derwent Graphinte pencil. I found the Zendala process to be a little tedious. The spaces are small and it was hard not to start making tiny little designs that I would then need to repeat in the four quadrants. I do like the result though.  I think I will try to make more Zendala but really try to keep the patterns bigger - and not worry about keeping the quadrants the same.

If you want to try Zendala tiles they are available for purchase on my website: - with free shipping!